California Junior Scholarship Federation (CJSF)
California Junior Scholarship Federation (CJSF) is a statewide organization for those students of high scholastic accomplishments. Each CJSF member is expected to be an active dues paying and participating member. Membership dues are paid when you apply. Students must re-apply each semester for membership. Those students accepted into CJSF for three semesters (7th grade: 2nd semester, 8th grade: 1st and 2nd semester), meeting all requirements for grades; service; and attendance at monthly meetings will receive a special golden seal on their eighth grade promotion certificate. Please CLICK HERE for more information about CJSF.
Clubs & After School Academic Assistance
Below is a listing of clubs and after school resources that have been offered at 7/8 in the past. Students are invited to start clubs, they should see their Counselor for instructions.
- Lego Club
- Chess Club
- 7/8 Engineering/Lego League. Mr. Zimmerman of LCHS 9-12 oversees this club.
- Spanish Club
- Builder’s Club– service club for 8th graders, see Counselor to sign up.
- GATE Gatherings-monthly lunch meetings for GATE students.
- Movies at Lunch
- Homework Club- after school homework assistance lead by 7/8 teachers
- LCHS 7-12 Equestrian Club. Ms. Keu at LCHS 9-12 oversees this group.
- Writing Workshop
- Math Lab – Ms. Jeenie Lee oversees in Room 723 – Mondays 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- English Lab – Ms. Murr-Pinsker oversees in Room 713 – Thursdays 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.